Check it, Peons: Your CNN Humiliation Compartmentalized

Friday, January 05, 2007

CNN STALKING


I was recently at Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson airport on a layover. (I'd like to point out that at periodic times over the loudspeaker you'd hear a ditty called "Opening Day Fresh" sung to the tune of "Shake Your Groove Thing". While the song was supposed to encourage you not to litter, it was so annoying that it had the opposite effect on me.) I was looking for a bar open at 8:50 am so I could booze it up before my long flight. Can you believe I had to wait until 9:30 am for a welcoming watering hole? Downright uncivilized, having to wait in front of a dark, gated bar with all the other alcoholics until 9:30 just so I could chug down a Screwdriver. Bunch of clean living assholes running that place.
Anyway, while standing outside that shitty bar, the four of us looking like dogs at the pound, hoping someone would pick us, I ran into a CNNer. Which just underscores a previous point I had made:
It is impossible, even on an hour and a half airport layover, to escape CNNers in Atlanta.
That city is one big, hot, Peachtree street-laden, Cable News Network newsroom.

No comments: