Check it, Peons: Your CNN Humiliation Compartmentalized

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

SLEEPYTIME


While working overnights at the News Factory, I really mastered the art of sleeping on the job. I had zero shame or fear that anyone would discover me, snoring away in various crevices of the building.
And I really slept around too.
I slept in the CNN breakroom, Playback, the Feeds area, the CNNI breakroom, the Hard News Cafe, and various edit bays.
I slept in the CNN and CNNI script ripping areas and on the sports set.
I also slept on CNNI's World Report set, dubbed "Spaceship Wenge".
While TelePrompting, I actually trained myself to sleep during the 2-3 minute commercial breaks. I'd sleep sitting up in the chair, hand at the ready, jumping to attention when the director gave the countdown over the headsets.
So now whenever anyone complains about long flights and being unable to sleep, I just crack a smile. Because if I learned anything during my stint at CNN's VJ bootcamp, it's how to sleep in less than optimum conditions.

No comments: