Check it, Peons: Your CNN Humiliation Compartmentalized

Saturday, March 28, 2009

SAD PANDA AND THE DUANE READE BAG


So-
Apparently, the Sad Panda featured above has been spotted all over Manhattan. He's been known to shuffle about listlessly on Wall Street, in the West Village, and on the subway.
I'm not quite sure why he's so sad. He seems to be getting a bit dirty, so I doubt he's bathing much. Another sign of depression.
But I do know that Sad Panda's propensity for carrying a Duane Reade shopping bag provides evidence for my Duane Reade shopping bag observation.
If you didn't read this piece in the New York Times the first time around, check it out now. This article is New York social studies at it's best...
SACKS AND THE CITY

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just can't get enough of the furries, can you Saara?

Johnny X said...

I saw him way back on 2/12/09 on the R train. He got on at Rector St heading uptown. Didn't carry a bag that day, but he did sit in a stool in the front of the front car...

I wonder what the deal is with Sad Panda? Good luck whoever you are.