Check it, Peons: Your CNN Humiliation Compartmentalized

Monday, May 28, 2007

BEA ARTHUR'S BIGGEST FAN


I'd like to follow up the last post about demographic mysteries with a startling piece of information I just heard from my mother:
Apparently, my father, who in his earlier years lost half of his teeth from playing hockey and the other half from beer-soaked fist fights, who ran the Honolulu Marathon one day after getting surgery, with blood streaming down his thigh as he crossed the finish line, who has at various times in his life told a nun, a kindly kindergarten teacher and a gaggle of sweet-natured hippies to "go fuck yourself", who once set his own broken nose after fighting off a Samoan twice his size outside of Matteo's in Waikiki, who drove my pregnant mother around at 100 miles an hour in his Corvette; this man, now in his 60's has become devoted to watching...
The Golden Girls reruns.

So word to the folks in ad sales...you just never know, do you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I meet your dad?
I think I love him.

Anonymous said...

I hear that your father told the good folks of St. Olaf to go fuck themselves too.