Tuesday, March 25, 2008
AWAITING NY GOV. PATERSON'S LESSER REVELATIONS
New York's new governor, David Paterson, really seems to have a penchant for volunteering information about himself. I guess he doesn't want to literally be caught with his pants down like disgraced former governor Spitzer. It's admirable I suppose, the way he keeps raising his hand saying, "But wait! There's more!"
Still, all this airing of dirty laundry is starting to make me laugh:
NEW YORK - New York's new governor, who disclosed last week that he and his wife both committed adultery several years ago, said Monday that he used cocaine in his 20s and smoked marijuana when he was younger.
In reference to cocaine, Gov. David Paterson, 53, said in a television interview that he "tried it a couple of times" when he was "about 22 or 23...And marijuana probably when I was about 20," he said on the NY1 cable news station.
Now that the sex and drug secrets have been disclosed, I am awaiting the lesser revelations. How soon before he calls a press conference to admit the following:
1. Sometimes, on any given Wednesday, I pick my toes in bed while my wife is asleep.
2. I'm not overly fond of chickpeas. And I only pretend to like cornish game hens.
3. Flossing isn't always top priority.
4. Call me crazy, but I still think Drakkar Noir is a nice clean scent.
5. There are several Hootie and the Blowfish songs on my i-pod.