Monday, March 10, 2008
5 MISSED CELEB MARKETING OPPORTUNITIES OF YESTERYEAR
It seems to me that today's celebrities are always branching out, seizing marketing opportunities wherever they can. This has resulted in Donald Trump's Signature Collection, Rihanna's umbrellas, Rachael Ray's garbage bowls and countless crappy celebrity perfumes cluttering up the shelves at Walgreens. (My current favorites are Antonio Banderas' "Diavolo So Sexy" and Shania Twain's "Starlight".)
Pity the stars of yesteryear who did not have the foresight to embrace this trend.
Imagine how much money could have been made off of:
1. Bill Cosby brand sweaters (see above)
2. Burt Reynolds brand mustache groomers
3. Suzanne Somers brand nude pantyhose, to be worn under Suzanne Somers brand shorty shorts
4. Duran Duran brand mousse and gel collection
5. Seinfeld brand suburban dork jeans
The possibilities are infinite...