Check it, Peons: Your CNN Humiliation Compartmentalized

Monday, July 16, 2007

MORE READER MAIL


Over the weekend, I received a flattering e-mail from a new Peon Confidential reader with some words of advice:

"Your blog is hilarious...but you should post more gossip about the anchors. What's Anderson Cooper like? Is he as cute in person as he is on TV? What about Rob Marciano? Who's the worst person you've ever worked with? Who's the best?"

Well, dear reader, here's what I know:

-ANDERSON COOPER: Very attractive and polite. I attended a Christmas party for the "360" staff held at Tenjune, which trust me, is a much cooler venue than any other CNNer would come up with. He recently invited his whole staff over for an all day gathering at his Hamptons home. I know you want dirt, but I don't have any. He's a really good guy.

-ROB MARCIANO: Never met him. (Sorry!) Cute though.

-WORST PERSON I'VE EVER WORKED WITH: She was an anchor. She was blond, bitchy, cruel and vain. She was stupid, greedy and had terrible taste in clothes. She made my life miserable and to this day when I think of her I make a face like I've just sniffed gorilla shit. Sound like a bunch of people you know? Well, actually, it is. Take your pick.

-BEST PERSON I'VE EVER WORKED WITH: Bill Hemmer. Sweet, knowledgeable and was incredibly kind to my mom. Sat down and talked with her for twenty minutes and treated her like a queen. In my book, that makes him a superstar.

*ADDED BONUS*
-SMARTEST, COOLEST, LOVELIEST PERSON I'VE EVER WORKED WITH: Ralitsa Vassileva. CNNI anchor. Politically savvy, professional, very personable and a sexy babe too.

Now-
I'm happy to throw these questions out there for other readers to respond anonymously.
Anyone?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hemmer is definitely one of the nicest, most down to earth anchors, ever. I still work at the plant and have been in the biz for a long time. He's real. Dr. Gupta is a close second. The man's a brain surgeon and he'll chat it up with the lowest man on the totem pole. He's just a nice guy.

As far as the women go, Kyra Phillips is really sweet. Just an all-around nice person. Carol Costello is the same way...too bad they're not all like that.

As for VJ Dutton's description of the worst person she ever worked with, I didn't realize Lou Waters was a woman. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

I ain't afraid to spill the real dirt:

Larry King really does fart ALL THE TIME.

Anonymous said...

This isn't really gossip, but I'd like to squeeze Don's Lemon.

Anonymous said...

-Ditto on Hemmer. I adore him.
-Flirtiest: Michael Holmes, but that was probably to try and forget how his girlfriend got pregnant on purpose.
-Funniest: Leon Harris. SO nice and had a story for everything. Never saw him in a bad mood and he was nice to EVERYONE.
Most likely to talk behind your back: Kathleen Kennedy
Dumb as a post: Catherine Callaway
Smartest reporter at CNN -- Candy Crowley. Hands down and one of the nicest and most professional people ever.

Anonymous said...

Leon Harris, Donna Kelly, Martin Savage, Ralph Wenge, Jonathan Mann, Bob Franken, Ralitsa Vasilleva, Finouala Sweeny, Sonia Ruseler, Betina Luscher, Joie Chen... there's a whole cadre of folks I worked with who were top notch. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention a true legend, and that was the late John Holliman.

I also endured my share of overblown hair (and egos), prima donnas, and stuck-up, self-centred assholes, too. But I prefer to remember those who made the grind of the 24 hour news-cycle bearable.

Anonymous said...

OMG -- YES, DONNA KELLEY -- absolutely adore her. John Holliman, too. A legend gone way too soon. Bob Franken was great. as well.

Anonymous said...

Rob Marciano is dating Veronica De La Cruz (yes, she's the CNN.com News Desk anchor). And while I hear that he is very kind and good to work with, I also hear that Veronica keeps a very tight leash on him and in addition, is certifiable when on the phone with him, especially when he is reporting from the field.

Unknown said...

It was great to work with Ralitsa -- among other things, she gave me her mom's recipe for potato salad, which I still make. I mean, pleasant conversation is one thing, but a killer potato-salad recipe is forever.

vjdutton said...

Excellent info Vidiot! Check the post for 8/25/09...